Sunday, June 5, 2011

Aloe Vera Gel: Impression

After my first cowash, I set my hair in Bantu Knots. I decided to make these knots smaller than I'd been making them previously. I also planned to keep the first row intact to provide a natural headband effect.

I'd read that Aloe Vera Gel could be used a light styler. So instead of using the Aussie Moist conditioner (worried about dull hair again) I decided to try the AVG.
Omgosh...I'm always so tired when I finish my hair...seriously.

Here are the results:

1st Day:


2nd Day:


Saturday, I took the 1st row of knots out and wore a regular headband. No pictures of that though.

Each night I'd put my hair into mini 'pineapples' to maintain. I woke up Sunday morning to a bit of a fuzzy mess. We chose to watch church online this morning (our church live streams) but if I'd left the house this hair would have definitely went under a scarf. Although I appreciate the convenience in pineappling, currently during my transition this method will not maintain a style over 3 days. Though....I wash/cowash every 3/4 days so...I guess this isn't as big of a problem as I thought.


Anyway, blah blah blah...I'm supposed to be talking about my impression of the Aloe Vera Gel. It's 99% pure and I got it from Trader Joes, $2.99 for 12 ounces. That's a quarter/ounce. Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer. The consistency is a watery gel. There's no smell. Not sticky or tacky. It honestly felt like putting thick water on my hair. I sealed with castor oil.

When I took my hair down, it felt good. Good definition. Moisturized. I think this is a great styling agent for the summer. I will definitely continue to use this in the future. I've also been using it as a facial moisturizer as my Oil of Olay has run out. I mixed a dab of tea tree oil in to help with facial blemishes. Works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Please be nice! Nothing wrong with disagreeing but I ask that you please be respectful.

Be Blessed!